Applying to Volunteer
Individuals 18 years and older interested in any of the volunteer opportunities below, please complete the Volunteer Application (PDF).
Individuals 13-17 years old who are interested in volunteering may visit our Teen Leadership & Career Development Programs for more opportunities.
We encourage residents to volunteer and make a difference in the community. Opportunities include:
- Exercise your love for the outdoors and join us in keeping 1 of our 9 playgrounds, 22 parks, 40 miles of trails or waterfront property beautiful.
- Stay active in local sports and build community cheer by supporting tournaments, such as the annual Pickleball tournament in the fall.
- Share your talent and introduce others to your hobbies and interests as an instructor in the Recreation Services programs.
- Support our Special Events. Over 25 family and fun special events annually, such as:
- Easter Egg Hunts
- Park-2-Park Bike Tour
- Santa Calling
- Adopt-A-Park (PDF) by lending a hand to help with park projects, like planting trees or grasses at the Jamestown Beach Park.
- Become an Inclusion Companion and assist persons with disabilities to participate in programs and enjoy the parks and facilities.
- Help your child or grandchild develop their leadership skills by signing them up to be a Pledge Leader at the Board of Supervisor Meetings.
Volunteer Coaches & Instructors
Groups that provide opportunities for youth under the age of 18 are required to complete criminal history and sexual offender checks. The checks are required on all adults who have regular contact with children. Learn more about volunteer background screening for our affiliates and partners.