The role of the Workforce Housing Task Force is to evaluate data, programs and efforts that affect affordable and workforce housing within James City County; assess strategies, best practices and initiatives to address the affordable and workforce housing needs; and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors on strategies to address affordable and workforce housing challenges.
The Task Force will be comprised of a representative group of individuals who have volunteered their time for this Strategic Plan initiative. The group will meet monthly over the next year. Check back soon for meeting dates and times.
- Mr. Stephen Anderson, HHHunt Homes
- Ms. Jennifer Andrews-Weckerly
- Ms. Sernita Bethea, Hampton Roads Planning District Commission
- Ms. Susan Gaston, Williamsburg Association of Realtors
- Ms. Janet Green, Habitat for Humanity Peninsula and Greater Williamsburg
- Mr. Roger Guernsey
- Mr. John "Jack" Haldeman, James City County Planning Commission
- Ms. Christina Hartless
- Ms. Ruth Larson, James City County Board of Supervisors
- Ms. Thresa Joyce, Virginia Community Capital
- Mr. Neil Mutreja, TM Associates
- Ms. Kim Orthner
- Mr. Rick Shippy, James City County Economic Development Authority
- Mr. Gregory Stoerer, Williamsburg Landing
- Ms. Virginia Wertman
- Ms. Jeanne Zeidler, Williamsburg Health Foundation
Assisting the Task Force will be a Technical Committee comprised of staff as well as the consulting firm of Lisa Sturtevant and Associates, LLC, or LSA. Dr. Sturtevant will be assisted by Mel Jones of the Virginia Housing Research Center at Virginia Tech.
...Support the expansion and diversification of the local economy by providing the regulatory framework to support business development, by undertaking economic development marketing and recruitment efforts, by fostering the development and expansion of businesses, and by supporting strategies to facilitate the development of affordable and workforce housing.
Through this goal, James City County is striving to create a diverse and sustainable local economy that upholds a commitment to protect community character and supports regional economic development targets.